Monday, September 1, 2008

Verb: That's What's Happenin'!

verbIf it wasn't for Schoolhouse Rock I'd have had a much harder time memorizing my timetables. I still remember the words to many of those songs. In 1974 I got an additional treat as they used a Black Superhero to teach me about verbs. If memory serves, Black people showed up quite frequently in Schoolhouse Rock but the superhero Verb was powerful, cool, and never spoke a word. He only showed up for this one learning opportunity and never appeared anywhere else that I know of. Are you old enough to remember this?

1 comment:

Rachel Arieff said...

Totally agree with you! I just wrote a blog on this wonderful cartoon for my Spanish readers (I live in Spain now). I was also impressed by the Black superhero when I first saw this Schoolhouse Rock clip on TeeVee as a youngster. He was the coolest thing ever! A BLACK Superman!!! Wow! Plus, with great music backing him up.