Monday, September 14, 2009

Muhammad Ali: The Greatest of All Time

During Michael Jackson's funeral someone told me that Michael was the most loved Black man on the planet. I'm not trying to hate on Michael but I thought, "What about Muhammad Ali?" It's no secret that Muhammad Ali was a hero to many, myself included. He was positive, powerful, and larger than life. Comic books, TV shows, and movies show us plenty of super characters that have no super powers. Why not Muhammad Ali?
READ MORE...

3 comments:

KissMyBlackAds said...

Dude this blog is so stanky dope.

J.R. LeMar said...

MJ may have been the most-loved Black man on the planet @ one point in his life, during the early to mid-80's, but by the time he died that was far from the truth.

I.G.W. said...

Love your blog, man. Just stumbled onto it while looking up info for the Brown Bomber.

As for Ali's comic appearances, I suggest checking out New Grappler Baki, a manga series by Keisuke Itagaki. Ali (as well as his fictional heir) plays a prominent role in this series halfway through and is treated with an insane amount of respect, not only by the creator, but also pretty much every major character in the title.