Friday, April 2, 2010

Dread & Alive

I've seen the character here and there around the web and waited to hear more. Just recently, the comic was released and a reader brought this character to my attention again so I'm passing it to you. Here's the rub: "Drew McIntosh was born in Kingston Jamaica and now resides in San Francisco. He is a cultural anthropologist who's life changed after venturing into the Cockpit country of Jamaica where the mythical Maroons lived. In a contest of strength and cunning he emerged victorious and was granted the Maroon medallion which gave him the powers of a full grown lion and the power to heal others. He is an Eco-Warrior." 

If you'd like to know more, Dread and Alive has an official website complete with Reggae music soundtrack. You can also find out more about the character here. The comic has a Facebook page too. Finally, ComicVine has a Dread and Alive preview which you can view here.

After taking a look at all that, I'd love to hear what you think about the Drew McIntosh character. I'm excited about the idea of a Jamaican super hero and will be keeping an eye on this one. Oh and thanks to Ryonslaught for the update. Keep them coming.

2 comments:

Empath said...

I am loving this. The web site is visually stunning and the artwork is great. Looking forward to getting my hands on these.

BLESSD1 said...

Cosign w/Empath. I think it's a REALLY cool concept. I have a friend who I KNOW will dig it, and he's not even a comic fan