Monday, March 15, 2010

Aisha

I often receive many requests about African comics, most of which I cannot answer. When I do run across such a comic, however, I am quick to research and share it. One such comic is Aisha, a Nigerian comic. "Aisha is a street orphan turned ninja crime-fighter battling powerful but mysterious criminal forces on the streets of Lagos, the largest and busiest black city on earth." The comic is written and illustrated by Muyiwa Gbadegesin Sunkanmi Akinboye and published by Pandora Comics who also has a Facebook page. I'm sure this comic isn't available locally but you can purchase it at IndyPlanet who also provides a 6-page preview.
If you run across any other African comics, drop us a line. Thanks to ghettoManga for the link.

1 comment:

Samax said...

no problem. I think this looks promising. If I get it before you do, I'll make sure to let you know what I thought!