Friday, November 6, 2009

Bayou by Jeremy Love

One of the great things about operating this blog is that I get introduced to comics I would not have otherwise found. Case in point. A few weeks ago someone sent me a link to a webcomic called Bayou. I started reading it and was instantly hooked. Before I knew it I was on page 77 and there are currently more than 230 pages. The artwork is great. The storytelling is too. Right away the young Black heroine had my heart. The story takes place at a time where Black people are slaves. Normally this kind of subject matter makes me too angry to properly enjoy it but the fantasy element helped me get through it. I'm not even halfway done and I'm already ready to recommend it. Apparently it comes from those guys over at Gettosake. I've been waiting for something new to come out of those guys for a while and this seems to be what they are most currently working on. The graphic novel for this project is well worth owning but there's no excuse for not checking it out for yourself because it's online and it's free. Last but not least, thanks to Hassan for sending me the link. Keep them coming and let me know when you get your own project up and running.

1 comment:

BLESSD1 said...

I started reading yesterday, and ended up reading all 245 pages. So thanks, to both you and Hassan, for putting me on to such a great read!