Thursday, February 4, 2010

Black + Aqualad = Blaqualad?

The Web abounds with rumors about an upcoming Young Justice animated series and I have to say I like what I see so far. The biggest part of the series of rumors to date is that of Aqualad being Black and played by a Black voice actor. I am currently unable to confirm any of this so take it all with a grain of salt but the picture of Aqualad with what may be the voice actor playing him is compelling. I've heard rumors of other members of the team but no Cyborg or any other Black characters for that matter so far. As I learn more I will keep you posted. You may already be familiar with the picture of Arrowette below who is also rumored to be in the upcoming series. She's not Black but her appearance does add credibility to the possibility that the series will exist. I'm excited about the possibility. Check here to find out a bit more.

2 comments:

Samax said...

I feel pretty confident that both of these are legit. the show will be called Young Justice League, from what I hear.

It's basicly Teen Titans, but I guess they will distance it from Teen Titans Go by using Nightwing instead of Robin, and leaving out Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven.

they're also using Arrowette instead of Speedy or Conner Hawke, and will include Conner Kent (superboy), Impulse, and Martian Girl...

but yeah, i would bet money that this is for real...

Anonymous said...

That is Artemis, not Arrowette.